View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
SUHRsc

Default 1934 pinstriping...

A friend of mine is working on a 1934 5 window coupe. He's been asking me about pinstriping it when it is done. I'd love to be in the market to be able to stripe cars, but I have no experience. I've pinstriped a ton of other things and feel I can hold a pretty steady line. My main experience is with the 50's " hot rod" designs similar to the style of Von Dutch.. Also doing some bicycles and other panel work, but never a bodyline on a car.

He's offered to let me practice on the body as it sits now, with the old paint on it...

So putting aside my own abilities, does anyone have any tips or advice on getting the job done correctly.

What is the layout of the stripes from the factory on a '34? Also how do the ends of the lines look at gaps in the panels?

Any close up photos of the lines ending? Did the striper leave a slightly thicker end on the line due to going over the edge of the panel?

Really anything anyone can add, specific to a '34, or really any pre-war Ford for that matter. I'd really like to see factory work if possible, not ones that have been done recently which have a chance of not being correct.

thanks alot for the help
Zach
77-6050B, 81AS - 81SB - 99AS - 99SB 19AS cylinder heads
SUHRsc is offline   Reply With Quote