View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 04:12 PM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: can this car color be identified?

Any guess on that car's color code would be much akin to us accurately guessing tomorrow night's winning Lottery numbers since all of our computer monitors will display the color hue differently, ...and that is not taking into account the camera's settings.

With regard to hurting value on original vs. non-original colors, I tend to think that it depends on the quality of the rest of your car. Since I don't know your car, let's just use a general summation and go from there. If someone "restores" (i.e.: 'Repairs & Repaints) a car and it is about a $10,000 car, ...incorrect paint color probably won't make $500.00 of difference either way. If the authentically-restored car is valued at $20,000, then it is very possible that an unauthentically painted car can be devalued from 10% to as much as 20% over a like comparable vehicle but with an authentic paint color combination.

It probably should be noted that often times, the same mindset can be applied to upholstery. I'm not necessarily implying that the LeBaron Bonney/Classtique is correct, --or incorrect but saying that a local trim shop turned out Naugahyde covering in lieu of more authentic cloth does apply here too.

Just my opinion, ....your mileage may vary!!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)