View Single Post
Old 05-06-2024, 12:42 PM   #188
51504bat

Default Re: 276 stroker from 35 years of parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
Gosh, a lot to digest here this morning!
Scotty, start collecting parts fvor that rebuild and yes, I started collecting old stuff when I was 19. I have some interesting air cooled engines and the like. 38 , I hope to find an oil bath air cleander that fits, but I also have a lot of the early carbs I could rob a top from and use the woodie's current oil bath. As for starter plates, in Pete's enlargement(thank you) of post 161 there is a cast bell, primered red with a flat steel plate alongside with matching primer. I plan on a cast bell. You can also see an unpainted flat plate that has embossed stampings. What goes with what? And Dale I am well aware of the bad rep the 'crap-o-matic' setup has. From my recent searches it's quite obvious that a 'big' cam kills the vacuum signal, but I have also read that if a stock cam is used the problem, if any is far less severe. And please don't tempt me to create a full mechanical advance system (model A style) on the column. How simple (and cool) would That be? Terry, I've already built the fire in the stove. Cast iron cover on 'med-low'. Mart, I'll get a close up, yes they are fine thread and a distinctive looking bolt. And Ray, you've conquered my driveway.... Is the woodie gonna love that extra torque coupled to the T-5's 4.3:1 granny gear? Me thinks a resounding yes. ps, nobody gave me a yes or no on main cap lockwashers.

The starter plate is for a truck and uses the insert shown that then bolts up to the truck pan. IIRC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg starter plate 2.jpg (5.8 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg Dust Shield-1.jpg (42.1 KB, 126 views)