View Single Post
Old 05-04-2024, 12:27 PM   #154
GB SISSON

Default Re: 276 stroker from 35 years of parts

Dang, you guys are killin' me. All the stuff I need to know to be happy on a Saturday morning. I have had a longtime love of #2 permatex, sounds perfect for head bolts, on the graphtite rope I used permatex black Ultra like the Best gasket sheet recomended. I also used it between the block and the die cast holder. Claims excellent oil resistence, so probably good for timing cover too, but I will check end play. And yes to the post type distributor. No more dual points behind the V belt for me. After all, it's a little late to be worried about staying 'original' on the phantom woodie. Two more questions for this morning. Cast iron or aluminum timing cover? and I have NORS main bearings by Michigan Bearing Co. I bought on barn swap. I will post a pic. Surface is very shiney, oddly so. Should I buff them out with fine scotchbrite?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main bearings.jpg (92.0 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg oil pan A.jpg (145.9 KB, 111 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 05-04-2024 at 12:34 PM.
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote