View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 10:53 AM   #14
JayJay

Default Re: Cowl light follow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bidonde View Post
Hi Jay Jay! The wiring harness I use is from Bratton's. There are several configurations to choose from. Go to Page 86 of their current catalog. Here is the text from their catalog: "New Main Wiring Harness With Turn Signal" "New complete harness for Headlights, Tail Lights and Turn Signals. Set includes the turn signal unit internally changed to work with stock Model A lights, flasher and fuse. This factory wire harness will look better than the 8 different colored wires going to the lights in the above kit (their sock wiring harness). Complete light switch body is no longer included. Fits all years."
My car has the 12V harness built for cowl lights. I use a 12V Novita EL13 Heavy Duty flasher that works well with LED tail lights, incandescent cowl light and turn indicator bulbs. The cowl light bulbs are single filament, but I will be replacing them with LED bulbs. The turn signal unit in Bratton's harness is modified to change the single cowl light bulb filament from a constant light to a flashing light.
Thanks. I see online Bratton's 20400 that seems like what you describe, but it is noted as 6V. I suspect the flasher and the indicator light in the SignalStat are the only things that would need to be changed. I will call Bratton's to confirm.

Just to clarify, the cowl lights function normally most of the time, but flash on and off as turn signals? So instead of wiring them as one with a crossover wire connecting them, you wire them as left and right? Same with the brake lights?

------------------------
1930 Murray Town Sedan
1931 Briggs S/W Town Sedan
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote