View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 11:45 AM   #7
3W Hank

Default Re: Compression and flow

Brian, please send me the information on internet.

Yes as all things it is related to experiance and R&D.
My knowledge on Hemis in NHRA stock is work on friction, get oil down from head, good ringseal and get out max on compression and max cam lift.
I dig out 200 HP more than on the 80’s but its no real secrets going on here as company sell cams, rings etc and its more or less totally open but why cars go faster now is new speedparts is allowed ( or new tech ) so the RPM is higher and transmissions, converters and tires are way better than before.
Its actually most about the money and less any secrets.

My idea on this hotrod is classic parts and as Ron said ex 100 HP on the rear wheels is enought ruin all the parts after the engine… ;- )
But I will never do a burnout in this car.

I guess back then the gas was not as good even from our pump gas so I think this kind of engines might like a better flow than high compression.

The chamber that has both flow and ’high’ comp is ideal but that mean one need make new heads and a flow path and still has the CC down plus roof has high as needed.
But this question as I said was more technical as its more a basic test people must has done to classic hotrod set up and the finned heads that was out before and now.
I’m not talking on going deep and set records.
3W Hank is offline   Reply With Quote