View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 08:41 PM   #5
Ronnieroadster

Default Re: Compression and flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3W Hank View Post
Whats the big secret today, competition is out since 1955 and this engine might give 150 HP or maybe go for it at Bonneville ( +300 ) but its no money or glory.
My idea was technical if someone had it on a dyno and tested 10 or 6 in comp.
As far as I know the old Harley racing design is hard to beat.
I has documents but question was just overall.
Its open to text me private.
Hank your question is not that simple to answer. Since your only building a traditional hot rod for the cool factor just use the parts you have and you will have at least 125 HP and maybe even up to 150. Certainly enough HP to hurt the Ford flathead three speed and twist the early Ford axle tips as well.

You know what it takes to make power you told me some time back you were involved with Super Stock Hemi stuff. To be fast with that engine it takes a lot of skill/secrets.
If someone was to ask you how to modify a Hemi to compete against you in drag race competition I think you would be hesitant to give away any information.

I will say to get the power needed to make decent HP with a normally aspirated flathead on gas is difficult but can be done. Many hours have been spent by me and a few others to figure things out. But to just give pointers on what to do is not so easy considering the time and Benjamin's each of us have invested to figure some things out.
Ronnieroadster
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote