View Single Post
Old 04-13-2024, 10:22 AM   #57
GB SISSON

Default Re: Back end of a T-5

I know this thread is supposed to be about the slip joint at the back end, but I'm pretty much done with the adapter so I thought I'd post up what I have so far. I have an old style T-9 with the cast in bell alongside on the floor to get the length of the shaft components the same. I still need to shorten the pilot tip to mimic the T-9's.
I have some good advice for anybody considering a T-5 swap behind their flathead V8. Get in touch with Gary (krylon 32) at Cornhuskers and order up one of his kits I have a lot of confidence in my conversion now that I've worried my way through it, but sheesh, what a lotta work. But like Rex's dad I can say "Oh yeah... I just threw together a plate outa scrap I had around layin' around and stuck a 5 spd overdrive trans onto the ol' flatty". So much for 25 words or less.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is online now   Reply With Quote