View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 07:28 PM   #92
Ronnieroadster

Default Re: Break-in gone wrong!

[QUOTE=petehoovie;2303344]Re: About oil pressure relief springs- Again

So when you use this pump in the older motors with the separate relief valve up front, you can either remove the spring and plunger from this location, and put the hex plug back in place, or simply leave it all intact. I would change out the spring to the 80 psi type to match up to the 80 psi type in the oil pump.....if your sender unit and gauge are the 80 psi rating. Otherwise I would use the 50 psi spring.

We have both springs in stock. For some reason they are not listed on our website. I will fix that later today.
_

I think you wrote something wrong.
If you remove the spring and plunger and then put the hex plug back on your going to have a big hole at the end of the oil feed tube creating a good sized oil leak. If the plunger is removed the hole where the plunger sits needs to be closed.
Ronnieroadster
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote