View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 10:56 AM   #6
jeepguy1948

Default Re: V8 Rear Axle Width

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I do not know what year the axle is yet, I do not have it in my possession yet and I’m not going to buy it if it won’t work. The axle is 2 hours away from me and I’m not going to make the trip if the axle won’t work either. The only piece of information that I have been able to get is that it is 53 1/2” from the ends of the housing flanges. I measured my Model A axle and it is 52 1/2” for the same measurement. I have no idea what was being measured to get a number such as “32.18 Long” how’s that measured? I can get the seller to give me a measurement from axle tip to axle tip if that will help. I gave the dimensions of Model A axle (52 1/2”) the possible V8 purchase (53 1/2”) but nobody has attempted to work with that information at all. Cassman, you start right off asking which axle? I don’t know, that’s a part of my question, I’m not trying to make this a trick question, I have to work with what info I have. What am I trying to do? I am trying to put in an axle in that is stouter than a Model A axle. There are possibilities using newer axles but I’m trying to keep the Banjo look. Does anybody know if it is practical to narrow one of these? I would think that shortening the housing would be fairly easy it would be sourcing the axles themselves that would be a challenge.
jeepguy1948 is offline   Reply With Quote