View Single Post
Old 04-04-2024, 10:07 AM   #12
petehoovie

Default Re: Back end of a T-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
I posted about picking up this T5 on my engine thread and realized it afterwards. As much as I ramble and wander on my threads, I feel I should be better at staying somewhere around the subject at hand, like at least posting on this transmission related thread. We drove up to the small dairy farming town of Sumas Washington yesterday and picked up this transmission after agonizing for three months about how the get the truck based woodie back on the road for the summer. Now it's almost upon us. Anyhow I got sidetracked this morning rambling about granny low etc, as usual and didn't post these. Pics. Not really that noteworthy, just a gearbox from some outdated pickup, but my wife came with me and we made an outing of it. The sellers were a nice young couple with a 97 acre farm and we spent an hour visiting in the sun. It was a very beautiful drive and I think we found a nice T-5 that will be a good gear box for our beloved wagon.

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote