View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 09:30 AM   #4
RDVAARK

Default Re: speedster windshield

Hi Larry,
Easy answer: Moss Motors.com. Not the old Ford Moss, but English car parts.Search for 'racing screen, Brooklands type'. $199.95. fast service. I've used them since the 1960's.The frames are now cast aluminum, instead of brass. Used ones in brass might be around. Also Speedway Motors may have them. Street legal in Conn., not sure of other states,hard to fit wipers. Used stock MG TF and TD windshields with brackets and wipers could be used also,-MG owner sometimes prefer new shiny things.
For rear shocks, look at Triumph Tr4 andTr6. they fit the chassis holes on my 28 tudor, and usually are attached to arms with a ball end compatible with Model A dogbone links. I have used a set on the tudor for years, not adjustable, but ride nice,-seem to be close to 60/40. I reshaped (shorter and at a slant)the top of the body casting on a sander to fit the indent in the wheel well, using the original top. To get linkage alignment and to adjust leverage for stiffness, I wrapped the shock body in wet rags to protect the internals, and heated and bent the arms into a'Z" shape to shorten them for various strengths. They work well enough and are easy to find used. Cutting and fabricating proper length arms would be well worthwhile once you find what length works best.
With some work, they could be fitted on the front, but clearing the fenders can be tricky. The Triumph is close enough to the A in weight that this was doable, producing a nice ride in a tudor. In a coupe, worth trying. Trial and error with sandbags in the trunk could be instructive.
Russ
RDVAARK is offline   Reply With Quote