Thread: New tube shocks
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 03:13 PM   #9
nkaminar

Default Re: New tube shocks

This is a very old discussion but appropriate for my current situation. I bought the tube shock kit from Snyder's. It is a good kit and went on the car quickly. I already had the Snyder's style brackets in the rear so I just has to replace the shocks. The old ones had a number on them. I took them to NAPA and got a part number for a replacement from them. It was NS 5850. The internet tells me that they are about $56 each and that they are for a 1963 to 1982 Corvette. So I looked for shocks for that car at Amazon and they had some for about $22.

An earlier discussion on the Barn Forum said that shocks for the 1993-2002 Mercury Villager or 1993-2002 Nissan Quest would work. One part number that fits is the Monroe 37098.

I don't think you will find shocks that will work well on the front end of a Model A. The car is too light and the springs are too different than modern cars. Maybe used adjustable shocks from a sprint car will work, as someone has suggested. I looked for those but came up empty handed. If someone has a link, that would help a lot.

All shocks are filled with pressurized nitrogen gas. This is to keep down the formation of bubbles.
The clutch always sticks, and starts with a jerk.
My car grows red hair, and flies through the air.
Driving's a blast, a blast from the past.

Last edited by nkaminar; 03-11-2024 at 03:19 PM.
nkaminar is offline   Reply With Quote