View Single Post
Old 02-27-2024, 12:12 PM   #9
flatmanweb

Default Re: Stories from the past

In the early 1980's I was at a swap meet and was visiting with Kurt McCormick. He knew that I had a flathead powered 34 roadster and told me that he was selling some flathead speed parts to finance a Barris custom he wanted to buy. After the swap meet I went to his house on my way home to see what he had for sale.
He had among other things, a Italmeccanica supercharger for 600.00 and a Frenzal supercharger for 1100.00.
I had no money at that stage of my life with a young family, mortgage payment, etc. so I had to pass on them.
On our way home I asked my wife how much money we had in savings and she said about 675.00. When we got home I called Kurt and asked if he would hold the Ital for me until the next weekend and he said yes. That week I cleaned out our savings and went and got the blower.
I don't know what happened to the Ferenzal, but I still have the Ital. I ran it on a vintage rail dragster for a few years and now it is on my barn find 1932 roadster that has a 3 3/8 X 4 1/8 59A engine.
flatmanweb is offline   Reply With Quote