View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 09:13 PM   #13
KULTULZ

Question Re: 1956 Ford gauge Cluster for my 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2748 View Post

56 Birds used the same dash as the 55 Bird. In 57, the Birds went to the 56 sedan type . I have the astra-dial dash in my 54 Victoria and 56 Bird and I love them.
I am just so happy for you ...

When you say 'dash', are you referring to the instrument cluster or the complete instrument dash panel?

Below (ATTACHED) is a 1955 BIRD ASTRA-DIAL (FORD) INSTRUMENT CLUSTER. It is not the same as a 1956 or 1957 BIRD - (- EDIT - WRONG AGAIN

ASTRA-DIAL - HEMMINGS - https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/1955-ford

It would be nice if everyone could get on the same level describing something as a simple as a car.

The first one I saw was in a friends 1954 FORD (this was about 1963). I could not get over how archaic the damn thing looked then. But I recovered, I survived.

Then it really happened, I saw for the first time an H4000 carbetrator. I was blind for a week. And then (when sober) I actually bought a damn 55 BIRD. What a piece of mechanical crap that was. Between the no run, hemorrhoid burning 6V nightmare that it was, I finally took a couple booster shots of penicillin and ridded myself of that nightmare.

I understand their worth, but I would never want another one of them. The damn engine is held upright with ski-poles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1955 BIRD - ASTRA-DIAL INSTRUMENT CLUSTER.jpg (60.9 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by KULTULZ; 01-22-2024 at 10:26 PM. Reason: THE USUALY - ADVANCED CRS
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote