View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 06:52 PM   #199
Old Henry

Default Re: 47 V8 ignition mystery

Well, it looks like we have finally concluded that the rough running is nothing to do with anything exterior like ignition, carburetion, or external vacuum leaks. Everyone now seems to be suggesting that it is a problem within the engine itself requiring partial or complete disassembly. That I don't do and won't have done in the two weeks I have left of life as I know it.

So, I've put Old Henry into his coma for the next two years, unplugged the clock so it doesn't get another two year's wasted wear, removed the batteries from the outside and inside thermometers, disconnected the voltage booster, put fuel stabilizer into the gas tank and filled it up, gave him a nice hot bath, and topped up the oil. Might even consider putting it up on jack stands to save flattening the tires.

My son lives close and will come monthly to run all vehicles while he's otherwise checking the property inside and out just like he did when we were in Hong Kong for 18 months a couple of years ago.

Anything else to make Old Henry more comfortable in his coma?

Last edited by Old Henry; 01-19-2024 at 08:18 PM.
Old Henry is offline   Reply With Quote