View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 01:46 AM   #62
petehoovie

Default Re: Troubleshooting Transmission '47 pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
Skip, when you get through your first 'unfrozen ground' winter in Kansas you will see that you really did leave the north pole in your rearview mirror. I have worked 40-50 hours a week for 39 years in my cabinet shop with R-19 in the ceiling and R-zilch in the walls and single pane barn sash for windows. I'm way too lazy to remove all that junk from the walls , insulate them, panel the walls, build shelves etc and put all the junk back. I just now went on the porch and noted the temperature at 10 pm as being 49 degrees F. Yes it's a mild, rainy night and we do get maybe five or ten nights a year in the teens. If I were starting fresh with a new building I'm pretty sure I'd insulate the walls to save on firewood, but dang I got a lotta junk nailed up and in between those studs. And yes, I came across the old machinest selling out his shop just in time! The wilton was attached to this steel table the guy had built so I had to take it too. Edit: Sheesh, I'm using up all my shop thread pictures on this so called transmission thread......

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)