View Single Post
Old 11-28-2023, 04:10 PM   #7
rotorwrench

Default Re: Classtique Upholstery

I remember that I started seeing more problems with kids as far back as the early 70s. It was becoming more acceptable for couples to get a divorce. There was a stigma to it before that time but after the disaster that was the Vietnam War, kids started to change and less parental supervision was the beginning to show results. The high school I went to started shutting down their vocational courses due to lack of both student and parental interest. Young adults had to go in the military to be able to afford any higher learning to include trade schools. Many young adults don't want to join up any more. Too many single and over protective parents is having it's affect in the modern era. Mass communication devices are a distraction in a lot of workplaces so they don't help at all in this respect.

Businesses that deal with the old car hobby have the ebb and flow attached to the economic conditions at any given time. I just hope they survive this odd situation we are having currently. I also hope we don't lose a whole generation of potential antique auto inthusiasts. We are the ones that have to spark that interest in any way we can.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote