View Single Post
Old 11-28-2023, 01:33 PM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Classtique Upholstery

Here is where many of us are struggling right now, -is it is not a lack of being able to hire someone. It is the lack of finding anyone that has the ability.

Training is the key to making good workers, ...however I am finding the issue is now there are people that are willing to work however they honestly do not have the skillset. I am basically running wide-open from 6:00AM until 6:00PM just trying to stay ahead of 4 employees. I have never been so exhausted in my entire life as what I am experiencing now. I am finding that 'problem solving' abilities are basically non-existent, ...not only in my line of work but in many of the vendors I deal with. In a nutshell, Smart Phones have ruined society where memorization and reasoning are a thing of the past. In the case of Mike, imagine if he spends 50% of his time for a whole year training an employee (-watching over their shoulder, showing by example, explaining, etc.) and just about the time that employee is competent to make a kit with minimal supervision, that employee decides to change careers leaving Mike with a year of wasted efforts. It isn't just Mike, -or me. It is so many different vendors and suppliers I deal with on a daily basis. I have a Roadster that we are 95% completed with but needed to respray a deck lid door. My local paint store had eliminated the Concept paint line about two years ago. I began using a different paint store in a neighboring state however 3 months ago they quit handling PPG Concept. Three different paint stores have tried matching this paint and no one has the talent or ability to match the existing paint. Their solution is for us to repaint the vehicle!! Multiply similar problems with tire manufacturers, chrome shops, engine part suppliers, etc., etc., and you quickly find this hobby is losing ground. Ohh, and my friend who owns a transmission shop is ready to close his doors because of the same basic reasons.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)