Thread: Ethanol 101
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2023, 08:32 AM   #16
Keith True

Default Re: Ethanol 101

I think I've been left out of this whole alcohol,horror thing.I don't seem to have the problems folks scream about.The hype,fairy tales,friend of a friend problems,something they read on the intertube,just don't happen to me.I started working on equipment in 1972,(farm tractors) and have had fuel problems since day one.Rubber parts were falling apart,brass was eroding away,gas was melting into gum,powder,and shellac since there have been fuel systems.I parked my 30 pickup one fall in a shed 7 years ago intending to bring it home to work on it that winter.I replaced the green points last summer and started it up.It didn't smell good but I burned the old fuel out of it before adding fresh.My chainsaw gas mix is well over 3 years old,we were using it yesterday.I do have to laugh about people removing alcohol from their gas.If you remove ethanol from 87-89 octane gas the octane drops to about 77.Phase separation begins at about 3 months,a chainsaw dealer here tries to tell customers it starts in 20 minutes.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote