Thread: Trophies
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2023, 08:58 AM   #3
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Trophies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bidonde View Post
A Model "A" is advertised for sale, and in its description the seller mentions that the car is a show winner, and includes a photo with several trophies on a running board. Legally, do the trophies go with the car to the buyer? Morally, should the trophies go to the buyer with the car?
Bob, definitely a controversial topic. Coming from a professional who participated in the ISCA show car world back in the early 1980s (some pics below of me and one of the show cars I built some 40+ years ago), I have seen this topic debated several times. I think the consensus was did winning the award add value to the vehicle? If so, they go with the vehicle to corroborate the pedigree the vehicle has.

For example, if a vehicle won Grande Champion in a competition series, part of the value of that sale is that the vehicle has a pedigree. Alternatively, Ricky Stenhouse won the Daytona 500 with his Camaro however he keeps the trophy however the vehicle will sit at the museum for a year. In that series (-and most competition series) the trophy is awarded to the person and not the vehicle. So in reality, the trophies on most levels are just tokens and do not really add value to the vehicle. Therefore those generally remain with the owner unless the sale of the vehicle is negotiated where the trophy, -or trophies remains with the vehicle.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pinto engine.jpg (69.9 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg Larry helping with Spot Check.jpg (37.9 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg Spot Check at Finale.jpg (48.0 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg GodfatherBrent01.jpg (73.9 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg Godfather_1_.jpg (93.1 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg 331280044_579710247391697_5611768380623379882_n.jpg (90.3 KB, 95 views)

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote