View Single Post
Old 10-15-2023, 03:31 AM   #22
KULTULZ

Arrow Re: 55 Ford Wagon Timing Question:

Quote:
I don’t know enough about radiators to know what the internal flow is. I’m just familiar with vertical and cross flow. Don’t remember if I ever had a vertical with the hoses on the same side.
Well, here's the thing. FORD used that style RAD on pre-1971 SBF, why I don't know. That's why the WP has a RS radiator bottom tank outlet because of the design of the donor engine time period. Now the coolant is discharged into the RS upper tank and instead of dropping in the tubes evenly across the core to the bottom tank, the coolant is dropped mainly across the RS of the core not allowing full incoming cooling air contact (hang time).

What I want to know it's being a custom radiator and when built, if the customer asked for both inlet/outlet being put on the same side for a 55 FORD, why didn't this ring any bells?

Add this to no shroud, lack of seals/deflectors around the RAD/COND and you start to see the problem(s). Even the bottom splash shields used on the 54/56 are important for air flow.

As for the WP snout size, a short snout style is available but one would have to change all of the drive pulleys ($$$).

One other thing I failed to mention ...

You have to determine that the lower radiator hose is not collapsing at high RPM (suction). The hose has to have that spring in it.

It is a nice looking car ...

- My 55 Tbird has a 56 ECZ-A block & a C2TE timing cover -

Last edited by KULTULZ; 10-15-2023 at 10:48 AM. Reason: TO HOPEFULLY FULLY EXPLAIN IN ENGLISH
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)