View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023, 05:18 PM   #29
Model "A" Fords

Default Re: My First A - 1931 S/W Fordor

You have a beautiful car and it is yours to do as you please!

For me, I could have taken more time before committing to changes. I switched the trunk on my 1929 Roadster into a rumble seat and have kicked myself ever since. Most Roadsters have rumble seats and I had a chance at something more rare if I left it alone. It would also be more convenient for my junk collecting, having a trunk lower to the ground.

I won't embarrass myself by mentioning my other decisions. What I am getting at, it is only original once. I for one, love to see these cars for what they are, time capsules for the most part for everyone to learn from. There is minimal work to make it roadworthy, Mostly clean and perverse.

After a few years of having fun and sharing it with the world, you might decide a different fate. Reading your posts, it sure seems like you love it and enjoy sharing it with us posters from internet land! How much more can be gained by showing up at a meet and having lots of knowledgeable Model A men at your disposal.

The car is yours, and people will enjoy it no matter what you do.

For possible future consideration, I mention the hubcap behind the seat along with one I see on the car. Those two have the squashed outer rim on them. When I bought my 1930 standard Sedan in 1967 those were the caps. Thought to be reproductions, they were finally accepted as original to Canadian Cars this year. Discussions for use on US cars still undetermined. If they become available, I will buy them or trade for ones without the rim.

Thank you for sharing your story and enjoy the car, your way!
Model "A" Fords is offline   Reply With Quote