View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023, 11:21 AM   #26
Banditorama

Default Re: My First A - 1931 S/W Fordor

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-A View Post
You know what, I think you're on to something. I noticed some black on the cowl band, however despite all this, the apple green pinstriping is present. That got me thinking, the door jambs I think would have been painted the lower body color, right? So if the pinstriping is present on the hood, the cowl, and the upper body, the only possible explanation is that someone carefully painted the green black, but left any black unpainted. This means the stripe on the hood is original, because that raised band with the stripe would have been black. The upper body is black with striping because it was black, and wasn't painted. The lower body was painted over. I'll have to look closer now. So it's a partial repaint.

I think that green is Brewster green? So the car would have been black upper body, brewster green lower body and jambs, green cowl and hood with black raised areas, apple green pinstripes.
I'm not an expert in Model A paint. But if it that is Brewster Green then according to MAFCA, then yes the upper body would have been black.

https://www.mafca.com/tqa/p-colors3031.html

You never know what the guy before you did, or the guy before him, or so on and so forth. Its possible somebody tried to save a buck and decided to only paint the lower half
Banditorama is offline   Reply With Quote