View Single Post
Old 10-03-2023, 05:36 PM   #17
poolplayer1

Default Re: 55 Ford Ranch Wagon is Overheating.

The A C unit is a vintage air gen IV complete unit with heater and ac. It works great, keeps the wagon at 40 degrees while driving around. The radiator has a 13lbs cap. I have a coolant reservoir/ coolant recovery bottle connected to the radiator. This morning when I started the engine up and after warm up, I turned the A C on and I can see a difference in the engine. When the clutch engages, the engine bogs down some like its putting a big load on the engine. I don't know if a second electric fan behind the condensor would help to help keep the coolant cooler. This morning I ran the wagon for about 20 minutes and I also put a electric 20" shop fan in front of the condensor to mimic going down the road and the temp. went up to 225 degrees. I shut it off after it got that hot to prevent blowing a head gasket. I wonder that since the engine was completely rebuilt and where the block was bored out to 30 over, maybe the engine has too much friction. I only have about 250 miles on this engine since it was rebuilt.
poolplayer1 is offline   Reply With Quote