View Single Post
Old 09-04-2023, 11:30 PM   #8
GB SISSON

Default Re: PCV valve for my H six ?

Here I am again, no pcv valve yet but I have all the parts in hand. My plan is cut off the 1 1/4" dia road draft tube that drops out of the valve chamber. leaving about 6" vertical pipe heading south. I have a 180 degree U shaped bend of 1 1/4" thick walled aluminum tubing and some pieces of 1 1/4" hose for connectors. This will get what was the road draft heading upwards betweeh the carb and the firewall. Into this I will insert a grommet and the toyota six cylinder 90 degree pcv valve I picked up at napa. The gasses will be flowing in Henry's prefered direction and all that will show is the end of the aluminum tube, painted black and the intake will be the original standpipe and cap, far away from the front wheel's road dust. I have 3 Dr appointments on the mainland tomorrow in preperation of an aortic valve replacement which may be as early as the following Tuesday. After that I will get this other valve installed in my truck. Seems there's always something getting in the way of my projects. Sheesh. Edit:

Just added this photo of my 'U' to get the road draft tube heading north. It's from an old hand truck I cut up 5 years ago. Most pcv valves need to mount vertically.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hand truck loop.jpg (128.2 KB, 192 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 09-04-2023 at 11:42 PM.
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote