View Single Post
Old 08-31-2023, 02:31 PM   #11
nkaminar

Default Re: Skills Necessary To Own & Operate A Model "A"

One has to have some mechanical and electrical skill or money to hire that out. A person just getting into the hobby is advised to purchase a car that was rebuilt and has a proven record of reliability. The Model A is really easy to work on but requires some basic skills and knowledge.

I am currently working on a car that sat out in a field for 5 years. I rebuilt the steering system and am finishing up on the brakes. However, the car will need a complete rebuilt from the frame up. The car has sentimental value to the owners (5 siblings) but no one in the family has the time or skill to rebuilt it. It will cost lots of money for someone else to do the work and I am not sure they want to spend that kind of money. I cannot rebuilt it because I don't have the tools or room or time. So the car is in a difficult position, between a rock and a hard place. Point being that the family would be better off selling this car to someone who wants a project and buying one that is already rebuilt. But that would not be "dad's" car, so I don't know what the solution will be. For a person (the family) just getting into the hobby this is not the right car.
The clutch always sticks, and starts with a jerk.
My car grows red hair, and flies through the air.
Driving's a blast, a blast from the past.

Last edited by nkaminar; 08-31-2023 at 02:37 PM.
nkaminar is offline   Reply With Quote