View Single Post
Old 07-26-2023, 08:14 PM   #251
1942deluxe

Default Re: 1942 Ford deluxe coupe project

In the first page of this thread is a picture of when I picked the engine up. The fellow in the plaid shirt was my friend Ron Sturdevant. When I met him in 1974 I was a snot nosed kid that liked old cars as did he. He helped me find my first 47 coupe then. If he liked you he'd either give you the part or for what he paid for it even if it was 20 or 30 years before. To give you an idea I bought that engine for $120 and it was crack free with std. pistons and adjustable lifters. A gift, Ron was still trying to help that snot nosed kid almost 50 years later. Went to see him in hospice last Thursday. He wanted me to tell him what I needed out of the shop. I told him we'd worry about that later. He did say he'd like to go for a final old car ride. We said we'd work on making that happen. They started giving him morphine and I think after my friend and I left Ron went to sleep and didn't wake up. Passed the following evening. Kind of raw as went thru the same thing with my father in law back in January. Probably 3 hours before he passed, he asked me "John, what do you have left to do on the 42?". Ron, we'll get that ride in but you are going to have to wait a bit....
1942deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote