Thread: tire beads
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2023, 03:53 PM   #9
Rob Doe

Default Re: tire beads

X2 on Brents comments. I didn't know the details he mentioned. Thanks.

2 weeks ago, I mounted 4 American Classic tires and tubes. I used the 4oz. beads. What a difference. It is impressive. Our tires were old, good tread but unbalanced. At approximately 39mph and up, the car would pass through speeds that did about everything you don't want your car to do.

We used to drive in the 35mph range, rarely faster. Now, you cannot keep the car at that speed without watching the speedometer. To test, I've briefly raised the speeds on the smoothest roads. Today, for just a couple seconds, we were running 60-65mph. At 50+ the steering wheel has little vibration at all.

We now drive around 40mph or less most of the time, but we can speed up if we need to travel a busier road for a few miles. We have good brakes and steering. The front end has new components. Bearings are greased regularly. After today's drive, I felt the sidewalls and they were not even warm to the touch.

This info is less than 4 hours old. LOL