View Single Post
Old 04-16-2023, 06:56 PM   #17
Flathead Fever

Default Re: New project: ‘41 ford pickup

I love 1941 Ford pickups. I want one real-bad, but I already have too many unfinished projects. I missed out on the 90-year-old neighbors' '41 pickup he had owned for over 50-years He was my best friend. I took to him to all the Ford shows. We were flathead buddies. He lived two-houses above mine. He ran the dry lakes from 1947-1950. He was bigtime commercial contractor. He had Ferraris and all kinds of cars. I said I don't give a crap about that V12 Ferrari Daytona and V12 Ferrari Lusso, of all of your 29 cars I like your worn-out '41 pickup best. I kept all those cars running for him for free. You think a couple strombergs on a flathead are pain, try six Webers on a Ferrari that got gummed up with old fuel. He was good friend. He said don't worry the family knows your supposed to have first chance at it. I didn't bring it up at the funeral I thought that would be a little rude. I figured they would let me know when they were ready to seel the cars and parts. Pretty soon I found out it was gone, the daughter-n-law sold it to a friend of Her's for a lot less than I would have paid. I was a heart broken. I had never looked for one because I knew someday, I would end up with that '41 pickup. It was sold new at a local Ford dealer. Jim bought it from the original orange grove farmer. I was supposed to get it to keep it from getting screwed-up. Accessary column shift and sun visors. I did end-up with the original trailer for his bellytank. It was at his construction yard; he was going to scrap it and I saved it. There is the trailer at Bonneville in 1950 behind another '41 pickup he had. I did get the SCTA belly tank trophies. I found photos of a lot of his cars but not that '41 pickup I wanted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Harber #4 copy - Copy.jpg (63.4 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Harber timing tags 005 copy.jpg (72.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Bonneville 1950.jpg (25.8 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Harber Junk Yard 002 copy.jpg (88.9 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0649 copy.jpg (97.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09118 copy - Copy.jpg (46.6 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09119 copy.jpg (50.1 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09111 copy.jpg (56.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09112 copy.jpg (80.1 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by Flathead Fever; 04-16-2023 at 07:12 PM.
Flathead Fever is offline   Reply With Quote