View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 10:36 AM   #24
the cooch

Default Re: Owning a model T vs model A

I was “around” back when this thread was started, but building V8 cars at the time. I have since gotten a Model A and a Model T and like both more than the hotrods! I can’t help choose between one and the other but I can say for sure that I like the open car wayyyyy more than the closed car. I am letting go of my closed cab pickup in favor of a touring car so I can take four or five people out instead of just two. I have a whopping 4 mile commute so I drive one or the other almost daily when it’s warm and don’t have a preference other than the open top. I’d think living somewhere that accesses slow roads would be a big factor in choosing. The A is way faster, but traffic here is insane these days, so I drive both very slow. Folks seem to like passing and waving at twenty mph but hate to be stuck behind going about the speed limit or even a little over. I guess the A stops better, but all that shifting gets annoying sometimes, knowing that that the T is actually simpler once used to it. Dang, I’m no help, I’m just glad no one’s making me choose!
the cooch is offline   Reply With Quote