View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 02:35 AM   #1
1928 Sport Coupe

Default I just bought another Model A

I just bought another Model A Ford. I saw this 1930 Model A Fordor on a nearby online auction. WE went to see preview the car a few days before the auction ended. The body appears to be really solid and straight. The car came with lots of repro parts from Mac's. The windshield and frame were off along with the radiator shell but they were in the barn and in good condition.
The title states the 35,999 miles showing is original. The engine cranks by hand and has compression, I have not attempted to start it yet. According to the engine number it was stamped on April 7, 1930.
I see some Fordor's referred to as Town Sedans. How do I know if it is a Standard Fordor, Deluxe Fordor, Or Town Sedan. The Briggs body number is 164-6051.
I am going to look for any stanpings or markings tomorrow. Were the firewalls date stamped at the factory? If so where? Should the floor crossmember be stamped with the factory code?
I was told by the local DMV the car came from Nebraska when the previous owner purchased it. There are New York inspection stickers on the windshield from 2013 so I assume it was running then.
I think it should be a good companion to my 28 Sport Coupe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_6887.jpg (65.9 KB, 874 views)
File Type: jpg 100_6853.jpg (57.8 KB, 862 views)
1928 Sport Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote