View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 12:35 PM   #4
rotorwrench

Default Re: 31 Tudor “C” pillar placement to subrail

Since at least one of the quarter panel braces needs to be fit with the quarter panel itself then you might try getting the quarter fit with its braces first then start the process of fitting the body sub rail or sill to the complete quarter panel. I never rivet anything till I have it located. I used magnets, clamps, clecos, and even screws if I have to while making sure that any holes I drill are small and easily patched in case I get it wrong the first time. After every thing fits then I mark all the key locations for where they fit and start the process of drilling and riveting things back together.

All the new reproduction metal replacement structure and panels come undrilled if they are available at all so it makes it difficult to piece a body back together but not impossible. Having a body with severe damage and corrosion is a real challenge.

If the OP hasn't already, check out B. Terry's restoration pages on his web-site. There is a photo spread of a 1930 Tudor Sedan restoration on there.

Last edited by rotorwrench; 12-14-2022 at 12:40 PM.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote