View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 09:17 AM   #30
rotorwrench

Default Re: Whats up with Ecklers

The Sport Coupe is a difficult job. There are a lot of things to know about it. An inexperienced trim shop will likely not know all the things that Ford did to make it fit well and last. Anyone fabricating such a top well has either done it before or they contacted the right people to learn how. The kits do help since much was prefabricated and they come with some instructions. Some kit instructions I've looked at didn't have all the information of Ford's processes included. If I had never done one before, I would use a kit to save me all the time and effort of pattern making for a job like this.

I learned from my own and other peoples mistakes about ordering from companies that were having problems staying afloat. I don't give anybody a dime till I know they have the product I need in stock. I let my sources know up front that I want them to remove any item from my order that they don't have in stock.

Paying someone full price up front for something they don't have will eventually bite a person on the backside. I don't recommend it at all. A person might pay for materials but nothing else. I would go and get my money or materials back if they defaulted from the agreed signed contract with me. A contract won't insure payback but it will give a person leverage in the bankruptcy court. It's the only legal way to show if you have been defrauded by the other party. Handshake agreements are not worth the paper they were NOT written on.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote