View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 11:34 PM   #93
CWPASADENA

Default Re: New Engine QA and Paul Shinn's Concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Knight View Post
What Terry has delivered to us is amazing piece of work. It is up to the assembler to confirm the specs before assembling. You don't have to be a professional to assemble an engine successfully but it may help. If you take on the responsibility of assembling the engine and you are a first timer or have only worked on As you might expect to have some challenges.
Richard,

I think this really sums it up and is very well stated.

As I have said before, "Terry's new engine, while it is not perfect, it is pretty damn good". The few issues I have run into have been easily resolved and the end product is outstanding. The Burtz engine folks have been very responsive to the issues that I have encountered.

Terry has done an amazing job bring this option to the hobby. Just think about what our options were before the Burtz engine kit became available.

I also agree that a first-time engine builder may encounter some issues that could be challenging. This may also be true for any engine assembled by a first timer that is made up of individual new components that had never before been a complete running engine.

Chris W.