View Single Post
Old 11-04-2022, 11:12 PM   #29
GB SISSON

Default Re: Sales Slowing Down????

Quote:
Originally Posted by busmania View Post
Being a bus guy and having bought/sold 40’ish buses, I must say. The bus, in my opinion, is the most iconic (or one of the) vehicle ever built. Doesn’t matter if it’s a ‘54 barn door 23 window or a 71 bay window, everyone knows the bus. They will always hold their value (as Will any classic imo…they ain’t making them anymore after all). It’s crazy the amount of kids, adults, grandparent etc that come up to me when driving mine with some sort of story about bus memories. Everyone knows the bus (they aren’t vans btw). But yeah, the money they bring now is crazy. Although the bus market has also flattened a bit in the last 2years but it’s still crazy but you don’t see as many of the “wtf is that price” buses being sold except at the look at me look at me auctions. That land cruiser is crazy but I feel like for some people those have the same “gotta have it” sentiment whereas (no offense) the old fords chevys etc just don’t have that same cult following. Anyway, I just bought my first Ford and couldn’t be happier. Tired of going slow in buses (though I’ll always own one).
Believe me, I get it. I'm still in my 60's and that toyota 'jeep' statement we saw earlier could get a guy crucified for referring to a 'heep' when describing a landcruiser. Like you with your bus I will always have a landcruiser. They have coexisted on my property for over 40 years and seem to get along well together, even producing a mongrel son. Oh, and I'll be 70 in May.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote