View Single Post
Old 10-12-2022, 10:10 AM   #17
Will N

Default Re: Holey firewall, Batman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmodelt View Post
Saw one posted here years ago, it had a bazillion holes drilled on the drivers side so they could mount a speaker on the engine side. LOL

Amazing! I have a roadster that has the same problem- maybe 80 holes drilled in a grid pattern above the steering column. For years I thought that the prior owner wanted to get more engine heat into the cab. I finally started to re-restore it this spring, and when I took the kick panels off I saw two holes that had been drilled that looked like they may have been used to mount an aerial on the side of the cowl panel. Then when I took a close look at the seat riser, I saw holes that may have been used to mount a radio under the seat. It was then that I realized that the 80 holes in the firewall were a speaker grill! I have maybe 20 other extra holes that have been drilled in over the years- too many and too big to fill. I bought a good used firewall at Hershey a few years ago. I drilled out the rivets and spot welds and am in the process of installing the new firewall.
Will N is offline   Reply With Quote