Thread: Won't move
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 01:23 AM   #20
ford38v8

Default Re: Won't move

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Tom View Post
The clutch feels the same, feels normal. There is no abnormal sound or vibration that wasn't there before this happened. With the clutch depressed there is no difference in engine speed at idle in gear or in neutral. The trans shifts into each gear position as normal. I can feel it when it slides into reverse and it has the same feel when shifted into 1st. There is less feel when shifted into 2nd and 3rd. While in reverse when I let the clutch out and it starts to grab the engine starts to slow down and the car does not move. Same for 1st gear. It seems that if I continue to let the clutch out the engine will die or whatever is locked up will bust.

When i tried to push it, it would not budge, not even an inch, it is solidly immovable where it sits. It feels like the breaks are being applied or it is in gear.

I can't do anything tomorrow or Monday, prior commitments. First thing Tuesday I'll jack up the front of car, trans in neutral and see if the wheels spin. If the wheels turn then the trouble is in the trans. Thanks for all the help. I'll let you know what happens.

I can't wait for Tuesday to come along to hear the results of that test.
Those front wheel drive '32 Fords are almost as scarce as hen's teeth!