View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 06:21 PM   #5
Gary WA

Default Re: 3-D printing Model A engine parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atch View Post
Some youngster over on the H.A.M.B. has figured out how to 3-D print (in plastic) Model A parts and then use that to make a mold to cast the actual piece. This stuff is WAY over my head, but it looks interesting. Maybe this technology can help keep more Model A's on the road or help to restore some.

So far it looks like he's doing engine parts, but there might be other "hard" parts that could be reproduced this way. Think steering column drops etc.

Here's a link to the H.A.M.B. post:

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...nting.1260025/

While I am aware that the H.A.M.B. is a hot rod site, and some on here don't like hot rods, I also know that many folks belong to both sites. Me for instance. While I have a Model A hot rod project, I also belong to the Mid Missouri Model A Restorers Club. As the name says, it is a restorers' club. I like original Model A's and am actively searching for an all-original Model A to use and keep original.

I'm hoping that posting this link will be helpful to some of you; either to contact this fella or to do similar projects.

b-t-w; you'll note that I don't make many posts on here, but I sign on just about every day and read LOTS of stuff here. I have found the information contained herein to be most interesting and helpful.
Sent to wrong person sorry about that!