View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 01:48 PM   #276
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: Engine temp rises when I get to cruise speed

Head studs will commonly leak if they were NOT sealed correctly when installed (has nothing to do with the blower).

I use a liquid stud-sealer from ARP. Even with that, sometimes I'll see a few that will weep a bit before they usually seal themselves. It isn't a bad idea to run a batch of Morose 'Ceramic Seal' through the engine after it is first built - helps seal up some of these pesky studs.

Typically, if you have a blown head-gasket, it will get worse (especially with boost) and you'll start puking combustion gasses into the radiator or water out the exhaust ports . . . or some combination of both. If it gets bad, you'll see your plugs getting "washed down" and may even blow water out a spark plug hole if you pull them. You definitely don't want a head-gasket problem - as it can also hydraulic the motor if a bunch of water gets into a cylinder.

The usual test is to get the engine hot, then come back and pull the radiator cap and see if you are getting bubbles coming up through the coolant. With that said - be careful opening up a hot radiator (especially if under pressure).

Good luck!
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote