View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 03:27 PM   #261
jrvariel48

Default Re: Engine temp rises when I get to cruise speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored&Stroked View Post
I too believe that 205 degrees is too hot - given the short amount of driving you did. Also, you really weren't under any heavy load (that you said) and it wasn't 100 degrees out.

If it was mine, I'd give Brassworks another try and see if Lee can meet you 1/2 way - to put in a bigger core and lower the temp another 10 degrees or so. Even though you have a pressurized radiator, the higher the heat of the engine, the more chances for detonation (especially with a blower) - and detonation is bad JuJu for an engine.

While this is a big an expensive pain in the butt - it is the right direction to head. I'd also much rather run a quality copper core radiator than an aluminum one -- for aesthetics and longevity.
I agree 100%. I don't want detonation! Let's see if Lee wants to work with me. It might be best to have that work done locally to save on shipping etc. Maybe he's willing to kick in. He never kicked in for the repair that was needed with less than 10 miles in the radiator so I seriously doubt it.
jrvariel48 is offline   Reply With Quote