Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 10:51 PM   #22
daveymc29
BANNED

Default Re: Frustrated

I have a pencil filter in the shut off valve inside the gas tank and no inline fuel filters other than a glass bowl with a screen on the top. Over the years I have installed various in line fuel filters and found they are more trouble than what little good they might do. You do need good fuel flow at the carburetor and when the engine is cold try disconnecting the fuel line from the carb and let some fuel, a cup or two run into a very clean glass container. let that sit for a while and see what collects on the bottom of the container. I use a quart fruit bottle, clear and cleaned and dried. I set it so it sits at an angle so even a small amount of crud will show up in the lowest spot. If crud shows up replace the fuel in tank and flush tank out with some clean fuel, several times, if necessary. Clean is good and these little engines will run well if kept in specks and oiled and watered. 2nd the guy who says check your fuel tank lid. If it isn't venting, or you suspect it isn't, twist the cap loose and leave it that way while trying to start engine. No need to pump the fuel feed, either by foot or by hand, as mentioned nothing will occur as there is no pumping going one like in the newer cards that had an excelerator pump built into the fuel system for when you romped down on the foot throttle to spin your tires for some laddies you were trying to impress. Welcome and best of luck. They will run, patience and a good friend to lean on are go to have.
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)