View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 06:44 PM   #87
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: Engine temp rises when I get to cruise speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brassworks View Post
The fan (or fans) are not doing much above 40 mph but if the shroud is blocking air and the hot fins interact with hot air you can heat soak. If it heat soaks and ceases to transfer heat the system cannot recover. I suggest removing it to determine if it a contributing factor.

I missed the post where he put the panel back on. Most radiators are designed to meet the pan which, with the tank being flush to the core, and this prohibits advancing the core forward for a thicker core. We can build thicker radiator cores for notched pans and construct stepped/cantilevered headers to go over the top of un-notched pans.
Thanks for the reply - it seems we are on the same page as far as fans being of any help at higher speeds.

Nice to know about some of the 'options' to fit bigger radiator cores into constrained places. I can see how this might really help in some situations. I'll ponder this when I'm ready (finally) to have you guys build a custom radiator for my car.

I think we'd all like to see his problems solved and for him to have a cooler running engine under all conditions - hopefully we'll get there soon.

B&S
Bored&Stroked is online now   Reply With Quote