Thread: F150
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 05:18 PM   #16
woofa.express

Default Re: F150

Pickup Trucks which are otherwise called Utilities or Utes.

I live in a farming area where every farmer owns a ute. Most are fitted with a tray as compared to a tub. They have either a steel or wooden deck. I am not a farmer but have a ute fitted with a wooden deck so as my dog does not suffer burned feet in the summer and so items on the back don’t slide around as much. Most farmer’s utes are a little grubby, many have body dents or damage.
During holidays we get many urbane visitors to our little town. You can tell who is urbane and who is not. Urbane folk dress quite differently. Mostly always clean and wearing synthetic clothing. Many wear tee shirts with advertising written on the front or back or both sides. Mostly they have squeaky clean motor vehicles. I say mostly because some find a wet road to mess up their motorcars (and in doing so leave us with a road that needs grading before it is useful again). They are saying to their urbane mates “I’ve been to my country property” which is located in their imagination or otherwise say I’ve been out bush. It’s all bullshit of course. Country folk wish they would stay home.
Now there are those with big utes. The Ford F150 and even considerably bigger. They are always spotlessly clean. The owners don’t throw stuff in the back (always fitted with a tub as compared to a tray). They place it in carefully so as not to put a scratch on the paint work. So why do they own these hideous things. It is because they think they are important. It’s their ego. They think the bigger the ute, the bigger the status.
They also think it is important that they be seen in town but they are a nuisance there. They obstruct the view of drivers who are unfortunate to be parked next to them and attempting to reverse out of a park.
Now country folk such as farmers or drovers can attract attention as well. Status is to carry a dog on the back. Must be a working dog, preferably a Blue Healer, or two or more even better. Everyone loves useful dogs.

The picture is of a 1, a blue dog on the back of a ute, 2 more blue dogs, 3, whilst kangaroos don’t attract a great deal of attention with country folk, one riding in the back of a ute certainly would. And 4, the hideous (size) ute, 5, a ute with a normal Roo Bar and 6, a hideous Bull Bar is really only (again) to attract attention.
I guess my opinion will cause some rebuke with readers. Too bad.

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 06.00.06.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 06.03.05.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 06.02.14.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 05.42.38.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 05.46.11.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 05.43.54.jpg

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 05-06-2022 at 06:04 PM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote