View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 06:54 PM   #2
fundytides

Default Re: Some people should not own a Model A

I don't really agree with this as a blanket statement. When I acquired my first Model A, I was a complete novice with very little mechanical experience. The A was a great car to learn on and gain confidence in my mechanical ability. If it had turned out that I couldn't learn the basics of repair and maintenance, I probably would not have continued in the hobby for the last 65 years but if I hadn't tried, I wouldn't have known. My first "major" repair was replacement of a broken piston. My Dad who had little mechanical ability recommended that I find someone to fix it and left. My grandfather, who had zero mechanical ability, said that instead of standing around looking at it and wondering, I should dive in. I did and it worked out fine. I had another friend who bought an A roadster in excellent condition and drove it for years before he passed away. Always enjoyed the car and had very little trouble with it and when he did one of the guys in the club or one of the older mechanics in the area would fix it. Opinions will vary, but I think anyone who feels that they want and old car should give it a try. It will either work out fine for their particular abilities or they will learn that it is not for them.
fundytides is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)