View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 10:14 PM   #10
GB SISSON

Default Re: Rookie help to remove engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims52F1 View Post
I appreciate everyone’s responses. I do have the front clip off and intend to pull engine and tranny together. I still am not clear on how to free engine up from the rear mount. Do I just remove the two crown nuts on top which are visible from above with Tran cover removed? It appears to me that this holds a yoke down which encircles the end of the trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jim, so glad you pulled the front clip off. A good friend told me years ago he NEVER pulls engine/tranny or even just engine with the front clip on. It is easy and almost fun with it removed and a royal pain with it on. Never mid all the stuff you can clean, fix, lube and pait without all that tin in the way! Great to see a new member jumping in with both feet!
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote