Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
Contaminated oil !!
Water ???
Overfilled !
No to all three...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werner View Post
Blockhead,

Gear oils, unlike hydraulic oils for example, do not have an extravagant anti-foam additive. (This has a technical reason).

If you have driven your car before, a foam crown is normal even after about an hour. The thicker the viscosity, the longer the foam remains.
Thanks Werner for the info. That is good to know. I guess I was just shocked at how MUCH it foamed, and was still foamy a week later.

Lucas 85W-140 claims to be non-foaming. That is what I used before trying Penrite. Never had an issue like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
I have used Penrite 250 for many years and have no intention of changing. I have never had an issue.
How long have you been using Penrite and why do you want to change? What evidence is there that the oil doesn't do its job if there is some foam? Has it been in some way deficient in lubricating?
Snnchro, you are correct. I have never had a problem with Penrite lubricating. I don't "want" to change. My issue is that it foamed so much that it was leaking out the TOP of the transmission. That is the only reason I asked if anyone knew of a transmission oil the did not foam.

Last edited by Y-Blockhead; 10-21-2021 at 04:32 PM.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote