View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 06:15 AM   #45
ford nut

Default Re: 36' rear tail pan repair

I ended up buying EMS outer skin too, which is the only game in town and will speed things up a bit. i was spending too much time working on the piece i cut out which was work hardened and not being cooperative. this has made more work though because now i will need TWO long horizontal seams. you'll see.

the inner EMS panel gave me a lot of trouble because the ends were not stamped for anything i was going to join together. not enough metal hang over to attach cage nuts to, or plug weld to rear fender houses, so more time figuring out how to make it solid again.
all the tough decisions have been made and it's moving forward again in my spare time. here's some pics.

At this point it's all just clamped while i think about the order to begin as some things will prevent access to other steps that need to be done. i think i can start tack welding it this weekend on the inner panels. as much as a pain in the rear all this - i enjoy it.

hopefully all this will help someone who needs it. more pics to come as it moves along.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02108.jpg (39.8 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02107.jpg (42.5 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02106.jpg (42.8 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02109.jpg (42.7 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02111.jpg (40.8 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02114.jpg (44.7 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02110.jpg (42.2 KB, 77 views)
ford nut is offline   Reply With Quote