View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 04:49 PM   #20
JeffB2

Default Re: Modifying Butch's SBF to 54-58 Ford Engine Mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushwolf View Post
Below is a pic of Butch's SBF adapter mount as it comes in the box and I believe a 70's pickup SBF mount. I welded a reinforcement triangular plate over one end of my Butch's mounts cuz it looks cleaner and is further strengthend.

I don't have any of these pickup mounts currently, but I could obtain them. But using those apparently requires slotting the frame mount which I am reluctant to do as I am trying to keep it a bolt in conversion that could be reversed without welding or cutting involved to the frame.

And they still might have the engine placement issues that the Galaxie mount has. (Horizontally designed cushioned mount sitting on a vertical frame mount and engine height a complete unknown). I know Mustang mounts have also been used, but apparently sit high as well. And other 70's car mounts as well.

But, I would rather try to figure out how to modify the Butch's mounts than keep on buying sets of motor mounts that also may not work in my particular install. I know others have used all of these aforementioned mounts and reported that they work. But maybe cuz it is not a 335 series engine with the 400 manifolds, or they shimmed them up sufficiently to work. IDK, but so far it is not going that well on mine.
Since these come in different thicknesses it may be a solution for the Butch's donuts https://www.energysuspensionparts.co...-isolators.asp that being said we have had members complain about the Butch's mounts going to pot in about a year as they are using offshore made rubber they tend to compress and crack.
JeffB2 is offline   Reply With Quote