View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 05:19 PM   #1087
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Chris in WMC. Here is the answer to your question.

I’ve been endeavouring to find any of the Moffitt family for several years now. I’ve called people and frequently looked in directory assistance.
Well at last I found the grandson on the internet. I had been spelling the name incorrectly. It is not Moffitt but Moffatt. This grandson is a contractor to farmers doing my old job. Spreading fertilizer, he by ground which is less than half the price of air spread.
Howard was the owner of these Model A’s and he has long passed. The two sons are Peter and Bruce. It was Peter’s son Mal, I spoke to. He gave me some information and his uncle Bruce’s phone number. Bruce is retired and lives in Armidale. I have been trying to make contact with him for several days now without success. Maybe he has gone to Queensland to the warm weather as the grey nomads tend to do.
While Mal didn’t know a great deal about the A’s he believes there is only one left belonging to Bruce. It’s known as the limo and Bruce uses it for weddings and the like. He also said it was only a year back since many spare parts were auctioned at a clearing sale.
So now Chris in WMC, I too have had my curiosity partly answered. This incident is 47 years ago and as my signature says,

Sometimes I forget things.
And there are times when I have a long memory

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 07-02-2021 at 04:46 PM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote